Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Vice-President’s reminiscence

I joined Oakridge International School in June 2009 and at first it was a  shock for me. I came from a school with three hundred students and joining  Oakridge was an astronomical difference  for me. I had to get used to the uniforms, the buses and the all the students. I wasn’t comfortable, at first but after the  first month I got used to it and gave wings to my  ambition…..I wanted prove my mettle in school.
I decided to run for the post of the  Head boy. It was a hard nut to crack convincing the students  to vote !!! When the posts for 2010-2011 were announced I was initially disappointed to hear that I hadn’t won the post of Head  boy but that of the  Student Council Vice President. The post of Vice President didn’t mean much to me initially but then I realized it’s what you do that makes your badge important. Along with the rest of my team in the student council we tried to make a difference to the environment and everyone in school.
My term as Vice President has nearly come to an end, and I don’t want to let it go. But what I realized is having a badge or a post doesn’t make you important it’s what you do as a person that makes you important. I know the next student council is going to do an amazing job, every year the student council is growing in both number and in work. We have taken a step forward from where the previous Student Council left  and now the next Student Council will take it even further ahead.
 Sometime in March the next student council will come in and we all need to move on and let go, every song has to come to an end but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy the music.
 Karan Aryaman Marwaha
Vice President of the Student Council 2010-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment