Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Building relationships……

It is the language of reflection that deepens our knowledge of who we are in relation to others in a community of learners.

With the Seattle exchange programme coming to an end I think it is time to reflect on the learning and what we got to take back from our experiences. Being a part of an Exchange Programme has been a very enriching experience for me personally and I realized and observed that one just does not get to study a new culture but also build relationships that can last a lifetime.

My observation has been that I see the students more confident and expressive in their communication now. Their interactions and their relationship with their host families has been particularly good and one can see from the pictures how much at home the students were during the stay.

I would like to share some of the messages that I received from the host parents on the evening of my departure from Seattle and these again only prove my point that an Exchange Programme is also about ‘building relationships’……

‘We miss you already please stay in touch and know how enriched our lives are as a result of our Oakridge partnership’ – Kelly Herrington

‘Have a safe journey home. So wonderful getting to know you as well. We look forward to more wonderful visits..love to everyone at Oakridge’ – Lauren Denton

‘We all miss our new friends from India and feel so enriched by knowing you. Have a safe flight and I will be picturing you happily reuniting with your family’ – Mary Douglass

‘Oh…we already miss you. We were blessed to be able to share our home with you. We all thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and you were wonderful guest. Our home is your home. As I said on Friday night, it was as if a gem dropped into our lives. Have a safe flight and please do let us know when you have arrived back safely’ – Harriett Phinney.

image imageimage imageimage

Ms.Mohseena Hussain

Activity Coordinator

Oakridge International School

No comments:

Post a Comment