Sunday, March 6, 2011

A TRIP DOWN THE MEMORY LANE.............

Aditya .V
Grade XII






It was in Grade 9 that I joined Oakridge. When I first walked into the school I was full of apprehensions about the school and the students here. Looking back now I feel these have been the most fruitful years of my life. I have grown here as a person. I made lot of friends here who helped me in my social interactions. My teachers have been of great help to me in my studies and in putting up with my pranks in class and outside the class. I would like to mention Mohseena Ma'am who was my class teacher in my Grade XI. She has been a source of motivation to me, has spent time talking to me and letting me share things with her not to forget the cups of coffee that she always offered me.
Every interaction in school whether it is with my friends, my juniors, my teachers has taught me something and I am truly going to miss my school. When I think of moving ahead in life I also realize that the skills I have developed and the confidence that I have gained  is thanks again to my school. I have been particularly motivated by my principal sir, Capt.Bajaj who has always been a friend to us, understanding our problems and giving us the liberty to share our thoughts with him. I remember the brief talk he had with us just a couple of days before our examinations. He spoke to us on prioritizing our time and inculcating self discipline to achieve our goals. I was so inspired by his talk that I walked out of the classroom resolving to get back to studies in right earnest and to a great extent I have succeeded in doing so. School is truly the place where one gets to learn everything that could possibly go to make a person self reliant to face the challenges of the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment