Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A presentation by the Seattle faculty

DSC_3032

DSC_3120

I had the pleasure of giving a presentation about American universities to the students here at Oakridge.  We discussed the different components of a college application and what the most important factors are.  American universities look at more than just test scores and a student’s transcript when making admission decisions.  Factors like a student’s essay, extracurricular activities, and recommendations play a larger role than many students realize.  I was able to provide tips on strengthening an application to an American university.  As a former university admissions Director, I was able to give tips as someone who is used to review thousands of college applications.

The Oakridge students asked exceptional questions.  If I was still an admissions Director, I would admit them all.  I am very impressed by the academic program at Oakridge and the thoughtfulness of the students.  While working in college admissions, I visited hundreds of high schools all over the world;  Oakridge stands out in my mind as one of the very best I have had the pleasure of visiting. 


Kelly Herrington

Director – College counseling

University Prep Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment