Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Seattle group visiting a Community Centre

Whatever the barriers I feel we are all endowed with a sensitivity that motivates us to make a difference to people in need. I could observe the same emotion and feeling of reaching out among the Seattle group of students who went on a community service to an institute catering to the mentally challenged children. This is what they had to say…..


Julianna Werfffeli : Seeing all that the school does for the kids in need was very inspiring. I felt it was amazing that in a country with such need,  people go so far and out of their way to help kids with such severe disabilities.


Audrey: I work with a program called Page Ahead in Seattle that supplies books to children in need. It was a very moving experience for me to interact with the children here.


Colin: At home we don’t get the opportunity to interact as much with the people we help. What the organizations here are doing is really noble.


Richard Lee: I was surprised to know that most of the work is taken up by volunteers here and the funds also come from families willing to donate for a good cause.


Tolossa Hassan: I was moved by the experience because I had never been to a community service centre like this before.


Julie : I have done service as a camp counselor…it was an amazing experience to visit the kids in the Special school here in Hyderabad.

 

DSC_2723DSC_2726DSC_2733DSC_2734DSC_2753

No comments:

Post a Comment