Monday, December 27, 2010

My experience at the CBSE Roller Skating Nationals

Hello everyone,
My name is Gamana Yalavarthy and I would like to relate my experience at the CBSE Roller Skating Nationals , held at Kolhapur.
After an encouraging performance at CBSE South Zone Roller Skating Championship , I really looked forward to the nationals, starting the 27th of October.
The first day was exhilarating, with non-stop practice. Though I was tired I couldn't help but feel excited and eager for the next day.
The next morning, after a hearty breakfast, we headed to the rink (which was a pleasure to be on), to practice.
The day was timed with a little disappointment, as I lost the rink III (300 m) by a very small time margin (4 sec) .  Nevertheless, I kept my hopes up, and looked forward to the events ahead.
The next day, The outlook improved, as I was selected for the rink IV (1000 m) finals, to be held the day after.And the finals didn't disappoint. I won the Bronze, and couldn't help but feel happy. We left for Hyderabad that evening, and sad though I was for leaving the friends I had made, I was glad to be returning home!
This entire experience has been highly enriching!!
I would like to thank the principal, Capt.Rohit Bajaj ; The vice principal, Ms.Jyothi and DOA Mr.Martin for encouraging and pushing me through-out.
I would also like to thank Ms.Vani for accompanying me to Kolhapur, and being a support for me during the races.

1 comment: