Thursday, December 2, 2010

PYP Exhibition - A Reflection

Last Saturday(27th Nov) , I had a chance to go see the PYP exhibition put up by the 6th graders. I had heard a lot about how the exhibition was an important part of the 6th grade curriculum, and how it would showcase the skills picked up  by the kids during all  their PYP years. I would also get a bunch of details from my daughter everyday about all the activities, efforts and skills that went into the preparation of this exhibition. With all this background and this being the first time I was actually seeing such an exhibition, I went in with a lot of expectations.
To say that the PYP exhibition lived up to my expectations would be an understatement. It was great to see enthusiastic kids all around ready to share all that they had learnt during this process. The amount of hard work and efforts put in by one and all was visible all over the place. The charts, the room decorations and exhibits were very well done. The children seemed confident to talk about their topics with the teachers always at hand to help out as required.
The topics related to “Sharing the Planet” theme were well picked and were very relevant in todays day and age. It was evident the kids had a great time gaining this all important practical knowledge, and they came up with some interesting steps to save and share our planet. All in all, a wonderful experience. My daughter immensely enjoyed putting up the exhibition as much as I enjoyed watching it. Great job and look forward to many more such activities at Oakridge.

Ms.Manju Rajesh
Parent of Anjali Rajesh, Class VI B


No comments:

Post a Comment