Thursday, September 8, 2011

My MMTS journey…

GNOME-MorningReflectionGNOME_1280x1024

 

 REFLECTION

 

 

 

Date: 3rd September 2011

It was a very exciting day for me; I was joined by my dad who was keen to

make sure that I learn a lot on this learning day-out. Our journey started from

home to our nearest MMTS station which was Fathenagar.

Interesting facts learnt

· Station had clearly marked sign boards to help passengers make their way in and out

· There was a train map displayed with all stations listed

· Station had two platforms

· As I learnt, one can travel on MMTS train only if he or she has got a valid ticket or a pass

· I saw a kiosk where one can buy tickets only if they have a MMTS card

· I also saw a time table displaying all training timings, our train was turning up at 9.52 am

· I bought a child ticket for myself, which costed me Rs 2.00 from the ticket office

· There were two kinds of tickets available, General class and First class

· We boarded an earlier train from platform no 1 going to Lingampally

· My dad couldn’t board this train since it was meant for ladies and children only!!

· Ms Sunanda madam bought me a bottle of water

· Train stopped at various stops

· My journey lasted for 30 minutes and we reached Lingampally and after 20 minutes, I was joined by my dad who took a later train.

· I used a foot over bridge to cross over tracks

Things I didn’t like

· I saw people crossing rail tracks, which was very dangerous

· People were pushing each other while boarding a train

Overall it was a fun day coupled with learning – I and my dad had lots of fun while coming back

Om Dhotre

No comments:

Post a Comment