Saturday, October 22, 2011

Yoga Session with Grade 2 students- Parent Speak

DSC_0910 - CopyDSC_0893 - Copy DSC_0907 - CopyDSC_0908 - Copy DSC_0911 - Copy DSC_0915DSC_0921 - Copy DSC_0925DSC_0933DSC_0927 DSC_0930 - Copy DSC_0937DSC_0944 DSC_0951DSC_0945 DSC_0955

It was an early Saturday after a late Friday night. The whole family trudged along with the routine morning duties trying to get to school in time. Nevertheless, we made it to school at just about 7.00am.The sun was already well out and a gentle breeze was blowing. “Oh for a nap under a tree!” I thought. The teachers, however, were all up and the kids just as enthusiastic as ever. Together we were all led to the soccer field, quickly made to pick some yoga mats and introduced the yoga instructor, Manjula Ma’am. And the session began….slowly; one by one the instructor walked us through and made us perform each asana very methodically. I was a little afraid at first….at my age would it be wise to indulge myself in all the stretching? But then I looked around and ouch, there were grandparents too in the line-up. Hey, if they could do it, so could I. At least I owed it to myself to give it a shot after all these years of plain cardio and aerobics. And before I realized it I fell into the rhythm. I was one with nature and found myself shutting out all the reticence and ambient noise. All I could hear was the instructor’s counts and me falling in line with surprising ease. Right from the butterfly pose to the dead-body pose and covering the whole gamut in between including the tree pose and the snake pose, it was pleasantly rejuvenating. The highlight of the session was the laughter therapy which I had never done before. The session was well organized with the precision of a well-oiled machine. We all felt much rejuvenated at the end of the session. Hey, it really works. I give the yoga session the best accolade I can think of…. looking forward to more of these in the future, if possible. I would love to come for a repeat session!

Thank you second graders for a lovely morning!

Ms.Hema Iyer (Grade 2 Ratnam’s mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment