Thursday, August 18, 2011

CARE AND CONCERN IN ACTION

     image

Once a teacher asked her pupils to write an essay on the topic “If I had to be a house appliance, what appliance would I like most to be, and why?” One of the smartest kids in the class wrote the following which can be an eye – opener to many parents:

“Above all I would like to be a TV SET, because, were I a TV SET, my parents would look at me oftener, they would take more care of me. They would listen to me much more attentively. They would tell others to ‘shut-up’ when I am speaking. They would not tell me to go out of the room or to go bed in the middle of a game or when I do something I like, as they never go to bed until the TV programme is over.” (“TOUCH”, Newsletter of Family Service Centre, God).

The less attention parents give to their children, the more they grow experiencing the absence of love. Love received from parents is basic to the formation of one’s values. Love’s most important characteristic is wishing the happiness of the other. It is only when the child feels the love of his/her parents that this conviction is created within the child’s heart and mind. And this keeps growing and assists the development of his/her own values and behavioral patterns as an adult.

Coordinator

Ms.Shalini Samuel

imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment