Thursday, August 16, 2012

Experience shared by Oakridger of Chinese origin on the Independence Day Celebrations



Today is sure to be the most unforgettable day I have ever had in India for it is the first time to celebrate a foreign festival with young children.
 
The performances were awesome and lovely. Though the children were not well-prepared and were not professional singers and dancers, they were like small angels expressing their pure and naïve love for the country.

The song “Hum Honge Kamyab” was just the theme thyme of the movie “My Name Is Khan “which I’d just watched last night. So it was really excited to see PP2C kids standing in line with much dynamic and energy. The dance of PP2B named “I love m My Hindi” was so beautiful that I was totally lost in the teacher’s voice.PP2D gave all of us a great dance with boys and girls standing in pairs and moving with national flags .

The climax (for me) came when it was the PP1 teachers ‘dance. I was much honored to be invited to dance with them. To tell the truth, I wasn’t a qualified dancer especially with these talented and awesome teachers. But their great enthusiasm profoundly motivated me to join their beats and paces. Being one of them gave me a strong feeling of hospitablity.How fortunate I was to work with those kind and friendly Madams!

Actually, not only did I enjoy the performances but also deeply moved and shocked by their patriotism. For our Chinese people we only have 7 days off during the National Holiday with few celebrations. But here, I saw snacks decorated to national flag with orange, white, green and blue. They wore their traditional clothes, painted the flag on faces, and had different kinds of celebrations expressing the idea of love, share and happiness. They gave pizzas, sweets and noodles with to all the classes decorating into the major colors. The color of national flag appear every where possible. 

China, though we are proud of its 500 years of civilizations, we hardly ever have traditional celebrations for October 1, not to mention other symbols’ presentations.

At the end of the class, I drew flags on their faces with much fun. They were like football or basketball fans and it was interesting to see them walk and move quietly in order not to destroy the painting.

Thank  god to send me here with these angels as well as beautiful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment