Friday, August 10, 2012

Reaching Great Heights

The Prefect Council and Volunteers of Grade VI had the privilege of being a part of a leadership training program arranged at ‘Breakthrough’ in Bangalore on the 3rd and 4th of August 2012. Breakthrough Training Consultants are an out bound training company that develop high performing teams who buy into company vision, values and strategy.

Our students had a two day leadership training program where they were exposed to activity based learning during which they engaged themselves in challenges that they never attempted before and through it, understanding and strengthening qualities within themselves.

Leaders simply go beyond leading others. They guide, support, encourage, lend a helping hand, humble themselves and practice role modeling. This camp allowed the students to explore deeper into their leadership qualities, find meaning in their roles, invest in others life’s and build confidence that would help them stand their ground through situations put ahead of them. Being able to guide them was an opportunity for us, who camped along with them.
‘We learnt a lot about leadership at Breakthrough’. I learnt how to overcome fear, how to try new things and understand what a leader does. It was an interesting and fun camp’. -   Aryaman Shah – VI H
'This trip was one of the most memorable trips in my life. We had a great group and this trip brought so much of bonding between us. We got together supporting each other and had the experience of a lifetime!’-    Agnika Reddy – VI E
‘ At the Bangalore camp, I learnt how to trust myself and my friends. In the high rope course, I had to think – I can do it! In the cave – I had to trust my friends, otherwise I would have never gotten out of the cave.  My inspirations were all the trainers at Breakthrough who helped me at all stages. It was a memorable experience – one I can never forget. -    Bhavya VI D

‘ My trip to Breakthrough was nice and the two things I learnt were – to take challenges and I overcame my fear of darkness’ -    Saragna VI B
‘ With this camp I have overcome my fears and now I am always ready to face ant sort of challenge. I now have learnt to be positive towards everybody’ -        Arushi VI E
‘ With the help of this camp I got to overcome my fear and learnt to help others in a positive way. I did cry but my friends supported me and I did it, I completed all my tasks.-      Vidushi - VI A




2 comments:

  1. Breakthrough Has helped me understand My challenges and what to do when I face them And how trusting someoneis more important then someone trusting you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-this is nice! To see children enjoying their breakthrougsh and learning from it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete