Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adopting the Calf Rhino from the Zoo - Sudiksha (IV E)


We went for a field trip to the Nehru Zoological Park, in connection with our unit of inquiry Adaptation. When I was inquiring about the different animals and their habitats we came to know that one of the schools has adopted the Gorilla . 

 I felt that even our school should do that so I discussed with my parents and guess what!!! They agreed to adopt a Rhino. We found out the procedure and the amount to be paid.

On 2nd September I along with my family visited the Zoo and met the Curator,   and paid the amount. We visited the Cheetah corner and then went to my adopted animal: the rhino.

 I was excited to the calf it was really cute, shy and was trying to hide from us. I took a couple of photos and had lots of fun!

I encourage others to do something for the endangered animals and save them.

1 comment: