Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CAS Reflections of Students of Grade 8H and 8G

The students of 8H and 8G went on a field trip to Joy Land School. The objective of the trip was to teach the students and help them understand a little bit more about certain subjects. I joined a group with my friends Himika, Sravya, Noyonika, and Shweta. We decided we wanted to teach English because we thought it would be interesting and useful to the kids.

I think that my group handled our class pretty well because the class was very well behaved and focused. I enjoyed this field trip more than our last trip. As some advice to another student going for CAS, I have two tips. First, plan your activities well and try to make them as entertaining as possible. Second, encourage your students and make sure they're not afraid of making mistakes.
Sana 8H

On January 23, 2014, 8H and 8G went on a CAS field trip to Joy Land Government School on the Osman Sagar Road. Tanika, Sushmita, Navya and I taught five 9th graders. We taught them daily and seasonal adaptations. They were interested in biology and enthusiastic to learn new things. Then, we went to the 8th grade. The students were just learning about the periodic table so we taught them the first twenty elements and the 8 groups they belong to. Some of them were really smart and they memorized the elements with no problem.

This is my second CAS Visit to Joy Land School. We had the same objective as the last time: Three plays; three teams; three aides; team with most points wins. We were pleased to see that the kids had improved in drama since the last time. This visit has not only been beneficial for them; we also found ourselves improving as mentors. The children had taken it upon themselves to improve our Telugu as well. I recommend others to attend the school and improve their skills. There are still many areas that need improvement, but I promise that it will also help you, too.
Rithik 8H

Our most recent visit to Joy Land School was on 23rd January, 2014. We had left during the beginning of the second period by my reckoning, and formed a line and our group, rather quickly. The journey was long and when we reached I was confused to where our group should go to. Eventually, we shifted from one class to another, teaching Science and English, respectively.

I was saddened by their lack of knowledge in certain areas, and hoped that our group could help them learn more of the basics. Science is present in our daily life and can help a person by opening up a world of opportunities. English, the global language, is very important for advancement in a connected world like ours. Through this visit, I learnt the importance of learning and patience along with stamina. I also feel very happy to help others.
Mruthyunjay K








No comments:

Post a Comment