Friday, February 21, 2014

Student’s Reflection: Winning Chairman’s Trophy

Chairman’s Trophy of Grade 6 was held on 29th January. Everyone was prepared with their speeches and doing their last-minute practice. Suddenly, a student who was supposed to be participating in Chairman’s Trophy fell ill and dropped out. I took his place because I hadn’t participated yet. So, I raised my hand and volunteered. I didn’t have time to practice and write my speech! But, I couldn’t be a bad sport and drop out now. So, I started working on my speech in school itself; the topic was quite easy, “How much freedom is too much freedom?” After going home, I spent good time finishing my speech and practicing it.

At last, the time came to gather in the MPH for Chairman’s Trophy. I was doing my last-minute run-through. Luckily, we were the second last class to go on stage. All the classes spoke really well. The judges said it was time for the results and everyone sat up straight. The Third place goes to 6D…they called out. The Second place goes to 6C…everyone clapped. The Winners are 6F! I was so happy. I guess I should just believe in myself.

Manya, 6F

No comments:

Post a Comment