Monday, February 3, 2014

Student’s Reflection: Winning is not Important — Giving Your Best Is



My T.T. Tournament was held on 25th January in AWA Table Tennis Academy in Khairtabad. It was an interschool tournament that made it bigger. The tournament had both singles and doubles matches. I along with my friend Aryan Kumar who is also another Oakridger got to play the doubles and we were going well. However, in the second round, we were defeated by the opponent team.

I felt very sad about it but then being an Oakridger it came to my mind, the lesson I learnt in school that it is not about winning all the time but rather taking part and giving your best. I also observed in me the profile a “Risk Taker” for I took risk without the fear of losing.

I gave my 100 per cent in the game and that is what matters. Whether I lost or I won is a totally different thing. My coach and friends were also really happy to see me up there just participating. I was happy again after realizing more important things.

Karthik Chadha – 5H

No comments:

Post a Comment