Friday, November 8, 2013

Results of the Inter House Pen a Verse Competition


 The Inter house Pen a Verse Competition was conducted on 29 October 2013 for grades 9 & 10. The literary competitions are open to all the students; children look forward to them and we get a chance to identify the students who possess good writing skills.
First Place:
Apoorva Polisetty of grade 10 C C.V. Raman
Second Place:
Ahalya Rajgopalan of grade 10 B Amartya Sen
Third Place:
Anusha G of grade 9 J Rabindranath Tagore
Fourth Place:
Vaishnavi Jamshed of grade 10 C Mother Teresa

Here is the winning poem of the Inter house Pen a Verse Competition written by Apoorva Polisetty of grade 10 C:

The Times of Choice
The path winds up, and the sun goes down,
I might be lost in an unknown town.
I walked and walked till my feet were weak,
But I won't sleep until I find what I seek.
And then I find a house blocking my road,
Three different roads where should I go?
I peered down the first as far as it would go,                                                                        
I saw my life's history play as a show.
I looked down the second and didn't have to look far,
I could see myself standing at three roads at par.
I stared down the third and it stretched farther than before,
The end seemed hazy, this was a different door.
And suddenly it hit me what these doors meant,
The first and third were my past and future but the second is my present.
I couldn't live in the future, nor dwell in the past,
So to live in the moment I chose the second door at last.
I left the past behind and the guilt was gone,
I only looked forward as night became dawn.
The future ahead was full of worry,
I wouldn't bother myself, I was in  no hurry.
So I faced the present head on and strong,
Happiness came in my wake and success came along.
And many a time I looked back and wonder about this day,

How would my life be if that hadn't been the choice that I had made? 

No comments:

Post a Comment