Friday, February 17, 2012

The Skype experience...Parent Reflections


 

     I had a wonderful experience interacting with the kids. I was very impressed with the thoughtfulness and maturity of the students- this was reflected in the well devised questions I was asked. They were very patient and I loved the whole experience. I wish them all the best in their life! 


Dhiman Bhadra,
Asstt. Professor of Statistics,
WPI, 
Worcester,Boston


 

What is right decision for us would be a wrong decision for others. In my personal opinion, there is no right or wrong decision. There is either a decision or indecision. The maturity and the understanding of the kids was amazing. I thought it was important for me to try and simplify their approach to decision making. I hope my short interaction is useful to them. Many congratulations to the Oakridge staff who have thought of this exposure for the students.

Mr.A.S. Rajgopal Rao
CEO,Tulip Data Centre, Bangalore

 

It was indeed a pleasure to have an interactive session on Skype with the students on 14th February. It was a very innovative and different experience for me as a parent. I found the children to be very involved in the whole interaction and also on the unit of Decision making. Hopefully the children will learn and would implement the same in the POI topic. I would like the school to do similar innovative programmes and look forward to participate in such programmes.

Rubica Advani
M/o- Meshita

 


The Skype interaction with the children was so interesting. The best thing about the interaction was it was too straight forward, the children didn’t mind speaking whole heartedly. All along it was fun filled learning experience for me. Thanks.

Sheetal Agarwal
Sister/o Krishnav Agarwal 

To Skype with your class today was a good idea. I am looking forward to more such sessions. It was very interactive and I am sure whatever the kids heard from us about decision making, they will always remember. It was a good practical learning experience for the kids as well as for us. WAY TO GO GLOBAL CITIZENS…. U DID A GOOD JOB!

Vijay and Sharmila Miryala 
Parents of Dave Miryala 


It was really a very good way of interaction. I felt the kids were also very enthusiastic about everything. A very relevant and a practical way 2 cover the topic. Technology and academics hand in hand.....Great going.....All the Best 2 all.

Ritu Shah
M/o Aryaman 


The interactive session via Skype on 'Decision Making' with students was quite good.  The students questions were interesting and thought provoking.  They seem to have their homework done and were well prepared.  I am glad I got to speak to this inquisitive group.  There was a lot of enthusiasm in them. I commend you all on this innovative initiative using internet and the collaborative tool.

Ved Kodipyaka
F/o Abhigna 


I think Skype was a very interesting way to interact with kids and definitely will help them in understanding the concept better. Thank you for the opportunity I got!

Rakhee
M/o Vedika

No comments:

Post a Comment