Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Talk show on Decision Making



A Talk Show on Decision making was organized for D, E and F sections of Grade V. The program explored decision making in different fields of life. The guests for the talk show were Ms. Jalaja, a software engineer, Ms. Meetu, a home maker and Mr. Sanjay Raichura, a professional photographer. Students asked various questions like

  • Why did you decide to become a home maker?
  • Would you take a picture of nature or a human if given a choice? Why?
  • How do you decide what to cook out of so many options?
  • Why did you choose an unconventional career like Photography? Didn't you feel insecure?
  • Are individual decisions better than group decisions? Can you give our opinion and share something related to your field?

The talk show allowed the students to ask questions and express their thoughts freely and without judgment. It helped to boost their confidence by allowing them to come up on the stage and ask their questions. It showed to the students that their peers and adults are willing to listen to them and answer their queries. 








Parent Reflections: -


“The talk show on Decision Making is a great experience for me as well. I hope the students enjoyed it as much as I did. It was really good to know that kids have so many questions in mind about decision making. I hope it made sense to them and gave them an insight to what it’s like to make decisions as different professionals would do as a team as well as an individual. It definitely is a great experience for kids in my view”- Ms. Jalaja




“I would like to thank you for giving me this wonderful opportunity to share my view point on decision making with children. I was pleasantly surprised by the confidence with which the children carried out the show and the interesting questions asked by them. I couldn't help comparing myself at their age and how novice we were. These concepts we learned much later in life. I am glad that my child is studying in Oakridge which gives her so much exposure on different concepts in a practical and interesting way .Looking forward to more such opportunities”
- Ms. Meetu Shringi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment