Sunday, April 7, 2013

A DOG’S LAMENT



Sometimes, I feel bad for other animals like me,
For I have a home and loving family,
I meet my friend the seagull sometimes,
And he tells of forests and beaches, mountains and mines,
Where dogs die of hunger,
The deer haven’t any trees to live under,
And I felt that somehow, some way, help man should,
For I know he could.
But men have hearts of stone- give to fellow beings, they never would.
He tells me of places where-
Cats meow in pitiful thirst,
In the sea, polluted water spoils the clean in bursts.

Seagull says that is because of man’s great waste-
The plastic they dispose of in haste.
Many of seagull bird friends have died-
Through eating of plastic or having it around them tied.

Chicks are eaten, Cows beaten,
And I pray to heaven,
Lord please save our earth, our haven!

I look at you humans with shame in my eyes,
How could you to do this to Earth’s creatures,
The same ones that she so lovingly nurtures?
It’s not too late to stop-
You can still turn back the clock,
It’s not that late,
Evil hasn’t fully breached our gates,
You can repent-
Stop using and abusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment