Sunday, April 21, 2013

Reflection on Chairman's Trophy-Grade V



It was the best day of my life. I and my three friends walked on to the stage shyly. I started the introduction with my legs shaking and I made sure that I do not overdo my actions so that I would not forget my dialogues.
After I had finished my speech, I snapped my fingers to alert Neo to start saying the first half of the body. Neo followed my rhythm of speaking and I realized that he too had butterflies in his stomach. Of course Neo did not make any mistakes and that motivated the girls to speak very well. Ruhin, who narrated the second half of the body, also spoke flawlessly. Everybody was looking at her which I think made her a little bit shy.
The thing that helped us the most was Neo’s words which were – “Too many actions means you will forget your words”. I am glad that we all did very well and after our turn the girls were surprised about how I and Neo were predicting the outcome of the other class’s speeches. We predicted that they would forget their dialogues because of overdoing their actions.
After the results were out, our class got to know that we came in the first place. We shrieked with joy and I was speechless. Even our class teacher Anushree ma'am came running into the MPH to congratulate us. It seemed liked God was on our side.
After the school got over and I met my mother she told me that my classmates had told her that Grade 5-E had come in first place because of me. This was because I had included a very important point in the beginning of my speech which said that “Instead of using chart papers and other materials for the presentation we had instead made a PPT to save our Mother Earth”.

This was a huge victory for us!

Siddharth Diwan (grade V E)

No comments:

Post a Comment