Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Lab Rabbit’s Tale



The lab coats were white,
As they pulled out a knife,
I watched in fright!
They placed me on a table,
And stared at me as they sharpened the knife,
I prayed to god,
To not let them take my life!
They took a yellow liquid filled bottle,
And sliced it open with the knife.
A rope and cloth were pulled out,
And I hoped it wasn’t me they were about to throttle!
All of a sudden,
The liquid was thrown at me,
My mouth was burning, my eyes blinking,
When they threw some more at me!
The doctor took notes in glee,
As my fur fell off and my paws turned black,
The wonderful people arrived at my back.
They came with big blue badges and said,
“This is illegal! You must stop!”
And away with them we had to hop.
They nursed us, helped us,
Till we were fine
And they put us on a bus-
Back home to the wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment