Sunday, October 14, 2012

Write-ups of Grade V Students on Global Children's Challenge


Since the first day I heard the three letters "GCC" I was very excited.I couldn't wait to see the pedometer. Then the day we saw the blog I got to know that on the way across the world we would learn and see many things. I also got to see what the pedometer looked like. The moment I got my pedometer I was overwhelmed with excitement. I couldn't stop moving for the rest of the day. From then until now I've been very active and it was great excitement. We learnt alot of things. On Saturday we will be halfway through our challenge of fifty days. I LOVE GCC…

- LOIC PERON ROHAN (grade V)


One day we had English exam in the school at 9.30 am. After the exam our Ma’am Prabjeet Kaur gave us a small digital meter called ‘PEDOMETER’. We never knew what a pedometer is. One of my classmate asked ma’am what is a pedometer and what are we as students are supposed to do with it. Then ma’am explained to us that a pedometer keeps a continuous count on our each and every footstep we put in a day
This is how all my classmates and I got to know the functions of a pedometer. As a first step to make us understand the actual functioning of the devise we were made to our English resource book while we are walking. The devise had a booklet which has some basic rules to follow as well as some pages to record the daily ratings.  

THE BASIC RULES LISTED IN THE BOOK WERE AS FOLLOWS:
  • Do not shake the pedometer and we need to wear it throughout the day.
  • Do not press reset button till the end of the day.
  •  If any one loses the pedometer he/she will be disqualified.
  • Just before going to sleep we need to write the reading of the devise in the booklet provided.
  • One should be honest and write the exact reading and should not write or record any false reading.  
  • Only after recording the exact readings of the day we can reset the pedometer.

We the Oakridge International School is in the 353th Global position amongst all the participating schools across the globe

-Adarsh (grade V)



When the teacher first told us about Global Children’s Challenge (GCC), we were so excited! I couldn’t stop thinking how Pedometers would like! I couldn’t wait for us to get the Pedometers!
The first time teacher showed us the website, I was so glad we were part of this challenge! It was the coolest and most informative website I ever saw! On the web site, our teacher read us the rules and regulations. She showed us the Pedometers look like on the web site.
Now, I started walking and exercising more. We live on the third floor of the apartment building. I avoid using elevator and take the stairs instead. From now on, I will start walking from our bus stop to home, not take the car.
I really take care of my Pedometer and always will, through the whole challenge! I really wish the challenge will never end!

Nikita B (grade V)


No comments:

Post a Comment