Thursday, March 27, 2014

Student’s Reflection on Receiving the ‘Oak Champ’ Award




Oak Champs is a competition where students as little as 4th Graders try to reach the stars and show what they are capable of, in categories such as fitness, school achievements, national and international level competitions, suggesting novel ideas that get implemented in school, etc. 

On the 14th of March, we had the 6th Grade Oak Champs ceremony.  It was time for us to get to know the number of points 6th Graders had scored. The ceremony began with the announcements of the winners in the first five categories all the way to the Top Three scorers. 

I was very eager to go on the stage because I was one of the Top Three scorers. When my name was called, I proudly went on the stage and received my award. My parents were extremely happy at my success. I was very thrilled that my parents were called on the stage by Hema Ma’am and they were asked to do the honors by giving me my prize and pinning the “Oak Champ” badge on me. I loved my prize and I am forever grateful to the school for honoring me with this title.

Oak Champs is a great way to motivate students to keep working harder and strive for excellence. I am sure that all of us can be winners as long as we “Learn the Treasure Within.”

Siddharth Diwan – Grade VI D

No comments:

Post a Comment