Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grade IX D CAS Visit to MMPS, a Government School Near HITEX

Our class, IX D, visited MMPS government school in Madhapur on 8th November 2013. I was feeling euphoric. We formed 5  groups and taught one class each. I taught class 4 along with Amoolya, Pranav, and Devansh. We started by teaching them simple English and later solved sums. The children there were very intelligent and grasped the concepts easily. They were very disciplined, and even I learnt to be disciplined like them. It was very exciting to teach them. We played games too, which added to the fun of learning.

I was very happy to see their smiles when we gifted them stationery that we had brought for them with love. Time flew by and it was time to leave. I was happy to have done a good deed, but sad because I did not want to leave. They yelled 'Bye' in unison and requested me to be back soon, and that was touching. I promised them that I will visit them again. 
-          An Oakridger

 My experience at MMPS Government school was very amazing.  We started off from school at 9:30 am and reached the school by 10:00 am. We formed 5 groups to teach the students. I taught the 3rd graders along with Aishwarya , Keshav , Vidhur and Praneeth. The children were very perceptive and had a bright outlook. This was a learning experience for the children as well as for us. The children were very bright and positive. The best part of this trip was seeing the joy on the children’s faces when we handed them the stationery.

When we first entered the classroom, the children stood up at once and wished us with a lot of respect. That was very touching. I realized that you don’t have to be privileged in order to enjoy your life and have a bright outlook on life. I learned from them that I am blessed to be this privileged and I should always appreciate it and give my 100% in everything I do.

The CAS trip was truly an eye opener that I will never forget. However I feel that the children weren't provided with proper basic facilities. They should at least be given some benches, fans and lights. Other than that, the trip was very enlightening and I would love to have this experience again. 
-          Varsha Reddy IX D




No comments:

Post a Comment