Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Parent Speak

imageimageimage

I walked in at the Snack time. There was one child seated having her noodles with a fork, another eating idlis, one with his bottle of milk and others playing. The class was all happy and noisy.

Then the class teacher announces ‘Its story Time’ ….I was amazed at the discipline, most children were seated waiting for the story, the others, with one more announcement were perfectly in their place. The class was seated in a perfect semicircle waiting for their story. Honestly I did not expect this kind of obedience with 3 year olds (hats off to the teachers).

The first story was ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’

I was prepared to read only one story, assuming that children of this age will not be attentive to story reading.

Again to my surprise, they all listened attentively, some also contributed…..and finally they wanted one more. So this time it was ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. Surprisingly they wanted one more. So the class teacher gave me ‘The Big Pink Bubble’ story book.

So after three consecutive stories, the children seemed very happy.

This was a completely wonderful experience for me.

Ms.SAMHITHA (M/O RATAN VENKATESH)

NURSERY C

No comments:

Post a Comment