Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank you to chacha Nehru

 

14/11/11 was here, I woke up with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement. I got ready in record time, surprising my mother who was asking me what was special today. I was so happy to remind her that today was ‘CHILDREN’S DAY’. All the children in my class were very thrilled and excited because there would be no studies today. After our delicious snacks we all quickly rushed to ‘Shilpakala vedika’ for a special field trip as a part of children’s day. There was a huge gathering of children from approximately five schools. We oakridgers felt so proud of ourselves. We were to witness a beautiful play called ‘A Special Bond’ written by my favourite writer ‘Ruskin Bond’.

The play depicted the wonderful attachment of a boy with a monkey and a ghost. The ghost was a hilarious jovial and funny character who brought about happiness and pleasure to all around him. The antics of the ghost had all the children in splits. He was so funny and wanted to dance continuously. He ensured that the boy was always happy. I wish I had a friendly ghost like him. The characters of the play were very well enacted and there was a huge applause from the kids.

Our Children’s day turned out to be fabulous. All my fellow classmates thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We had so much fun with our class teacher. I felt so proud to belong to a wonderful, amazing and encouraging school like Oakridge. Our school is the best in the world which makes learning so much fun and all the special days are celebrated with so much joy. We came back to school and a special lunch from Mc Donald’s awaited us. We had so many games and the day ended with pleasure and laughter. I wish everyday could be children’s day and I am eagerly awaiting it next year.

Amya Chhabra

V - H

No comments:

Post a Comment