Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spoorthi- Student reflections

Balanced%20Rock_rainpool%20reflection

Aneesha

I did not become a part of Spoorthi because it would give me the required CAS hours or because I was under pressure from my teachers. It was a personal calling for me that I got involved in the programme and today I can say that all the interactions that I had with the children have helped me grow as a person.

Shruti Koti

As CAS President I have been involved with Spoorthi programme. I was amazed to see how motivated the children were considering the fact that they are not as privileged as we are. I would like to encourage all students involved in CAS to take it up in the right perspective and not because they are entitled for some CAS hours.

Joseph

When I took up work for the Spoorthi programme the biggest challenge that I faced was not being aware of the language the children spoke. I had to learn a few words in Telugu to interact and understand the children better which I did. I would like to encourage all of you not to treat language as a hindrance if you are motivated enough to do something meaningful.

Lucy Shin

Communication was the biggest barrier for me but that did not deter me from taking part in the programme. I feel there should be more teachers involved in the programme and our real motive must be to make the children learn as many things as possible.

Mehek Vajawatt

My teachers have always been an inspiring force for me and I have been motivated by them to be conscious about our environment. Just as we are making little efforts for conserving our environment I would suggest these children too are made aware of the concerns facing environment today. I would like the children at Spoorthi too to be involved in programmes aimed at preserving the environment.

Aliza Khan

I suggest we have interactive sessions not just confined to the classrooms but taking the children out on a guided tour of the school campus to make learning fun and interesting.

Phanindra

I attended two sessions of Spoorthi programme one of which had a newspaper reading session with the children. I wish to confess that I initially lost my temper when I could not get the children to listen to me. I realized later that I should not have lost my cool and so I apologized to the children and felt good about it. My CAS interactions have made it possible for me to accept my flaws and reflect on my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment