Friday, July 26, 2013

Reflections of Grade VIII Students on CAS Activity



“Our trip to Joy land high school was very exciting. We learnt a lot about ourselves during this process. I learnt that I was not that great at communicating with other people but I overcame this by the end of the class. All the studies were much smarter than we expected. Narinder sir helped us, collected a few ideas from him and then projected them. We made the class enjoyable and educational. We gave them a little idea about their own future. We made them think about their goals and taught them how to work in groups. We asked them to share their ups and downs and how they would improve them. At the end I think that we improved upon many of our down falls like I said communication and group work. We worked in a group and I think we made a difference to them” – Kruthika Gowra


“The trip to Joyland high school was really inspiring. We taught them many concepts in math, English and the arts. I was teaching art, and we thought of introducing them to basic strokes but the student knew pretty much about it. We made them do a landscape and then taught them different strokes. It was really fun as the kids were really good at art and they listened to our instructions. The thing that let us down a bit was the supply of stationary. We didn't plan the activity before so we had a limited amount of art supply. Overall it was a really fun and exciting service!!!” –Maansi

 
“Our trip to Joyland School was a good learning experience for all of us. We taught a number of activities to the juniors. I was teaching dance to second graders. It was very exciting. We taught them Bollywood dance (Radha for Girls and Desi Boys for Boys). They were very enthusiastic about learning new things, something I don’t see on a daily basis. There were challenges through this trip like was communicating with disabled twins. But I was able to do it eventually. I’m hoping to go back very soon” – Prajna 

 
“We had an unforgettable trip to Joyland School. I was chosen to teach maths; likewise others were chosen to teach a variety of subjects. The kids were much smarter than I expected, and soon started teaching them more complex lessons. There were a few exceptional kids from all the grades I taught, and I gave them harder sums and lessons than the rest of their grades. We taught the 5th-7th graders basic algebra and fractions, and the 8th graders linear equations and factorization of algebraic expressions. There was one 6th grader who was learning at an exceptional pace, and the lessons taught were harder than those generally taught to 6th graders.
This experience taught me a lot about the education of the poor, and I was surprised that they caught on so easily. What I learned from this will help me in my life as it taught me the basic skills of teaching and understanding. All in all, it was a great experience to teach those less fortunate than us”  Anurag

No comments:

Post a Comment