Monday, July 22, 2013

Student Reflection on TV Turn off week


“Last week we had an initiative at school called TV turn off week. Not only did we put our free time to excellent use, we also got to spend a lot of family time doing fun activities together.  We also managed to save electricity. I think our school is one of the first to come up with something like this.
 Me, my sister, mom & dad sat together and came up with a list of activities that we could all agree on. Some were  of my choice & some were my sister's choices
Monday-we read & discussed news & current affairs all over the world  such as the plane crash in the SFO, the Telengana formation issue and a lot about the whistleblower Edward Snowden.  My mom said this will help with increasing our awareness of the world & General Knowledge. 
Tuesday-In our family we read a lot of books. We picked a book we were reading currently and read out some choice paragraphs from our books.  Then we discussed it and we each gave a 10 minute synopsis talk about it.
Wednesday-we started doing a 300 piece puzzle of the London Tower  Bridge. We were very interested in it as we just visited London.
Thursday-we made a few birthday cards and decorated it as it was going to be our grandma’s birthday on Sunday.
Friday-me and my sister were going to build spaceships and castles out of legos. I enjoyed making a star wars spaceship out of legos while my sister would make a castle out of building blocks.
Saturday-we played a lot of board games this day including scrabble, taboo and monopoly as it helps us in our vocabulary and business understanding. We also had a lot of fun playing these board games.
Sunday-on Sunday it was little chefs home edition.  My mom an expert cook in all kinds of cuisine taught us how to make Mexican food. We got to make yummy tacos, quesadillas, tortilla wraps and nachos dip and salsa.
It was a really exciting experience for me and my family as we could do exciting activities all week instead of watching TV, in the bargain we saved  electricity too.” Ankush Reddy (Grade V)











4 comments:

  1. 9492 lego star wars destroyed major error in the system. Ankush triggered the error plese buy another one.

    ReplyDelete