Thursday, July 11, 2013

Reflections of Students on CAS Activity @ Joy Land School



4th July, it was the day for the CAS; the school we visited was Joy Land School and all of us planned to divide into 6 groups, like art, Taekwondo, cricket, kho kho, and English. I planned to make them draw and color. I carried some useful stationary with me and instructed them to draw something of their choice and later I drew something on the board and they copied it in their papers. It was a great experience for me. My team was very helpful and cooperative, but next time I will plan something better. My friends were a very good team as they helped me in controlling the students there and they assisted me in the distribution of stationary. It benefited others as they learnt how to draw new things like cake, girl and other pictures. They even learnt how to color in one direction. This was a bit hard for me as I don’t know their language - Telugu, and none of the other team members knew it as well. There were language difficulties between the students there and my team. No doubt, I have developed the skills of working in a team. Next time, I would learn Telugu and go so it would be easy to communicate - Soraya (Grade VIII)

4th of July, we had our CAS trip to Joyland School. We had planned to divide ourselves into 6 groups which were- Art, English, Cricket, Taekwondo and kho-kho. We planned to teach art to the kids. We got students of grade 1,2,3. They were very co-operative. I helped the kids out there to draw and with distribution of colors, paints etc. my team was very helpful, we all together made it successful. I learnt how to cooperate with my team members as well as the students there. It benefited the students as they learnt different types of drawings. They learnt how to color in different shades and directions. My goal was to make them learn how to draw. I was very successful. The difficulties were that my whole team didn’t know TELUGU. We faced lots of problems regarding the language. Next time, I would carry a little more stationary and make a group with more linguistic people - Esha (Grade VIII)

On 4th July I went to Joyland School. I planned to teach them badminton. I also planned to teach them taekwondo. First we taught them how to kick and do a rounders kick. Then we taught them how to punch. Then we taught them how to play badminton. Then we played a match against the cricket team of Joyland School. It was a lot of fun. It actually benefited them by learning how to play cricket properly. Vidip helped me in teaching badminton and I need to improve in being friendlier -  Rithvik (Grade VIII)

On the 4th of July, we “8C” visited Joyland School for our CAS session. We had divided ourselves into 6 groups to take care of different activities. Some of the activities were Taekwondo, Art, Kho Kho, Cricket and Badminton. I had planned to teach them the basics of badminton, which included how to serve, but to my surprise they already knew it so I moved into the main game. 
I also along with Abrar taught them a few kicks in the Taekwondo segment. I was very successful in achieving my goals. They were very supportive although some of them had a few disciplinary issues. My friend helped me a-lot. He is fluent in Telegu and helped me cross the language barrier. I developed my caring and open minded profiles. One of the additional problems I solved was teaching them the basics of English. They knew a few words, but now know a wide variety of sentences.  We also played a cricket match with, the boys of 8C vs. the 10th grade of Joyland School. Their bowling was very accurate, and we all learned a lot from them. I learned that I can be more patient and open minded towards the less fortunate, as they are humans too and deserve to be treated properly
-






1 comment: