Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Strange Creature



Rumpled head,
A shiny nose
Pointy little furry toes!
Beady eyes,
A bright pink tongue
Chewing a biscuit, this creature lies!
Is it a monster?
Did it just roar?
What on earth is the thing coming through the door?
It eyes me across the room-
A twisted tail,
Paws with many a sharp nail,
Heaven, save me from this creature of doom!
My hands tremble
As from its throat comes a rumble…
I get so scared I took a tumble-
Falling onto a chair, making my room shambles.
Mamma appears like an angel of  grace-
“Look at our new dog!
Isn’t he cute, just look at that darling face!”
I almost faint in surprise at the thought,
As the ‘dog’ chases a mouse,
Could that awful creature have been brought
To stay in my house?
It stared at me through chocolate eyes,
I thought, ‘I wish I was saying to it my goodbyes!’
Mother stroked it’s furry skin,
And opened for it a pet food tin.
How on earth could she find that cute?
It jumped and growled,
And put it’s muddy paw on my precious flute!
In the anger to retrieve it,
I stepped close to the creature, yes, next to it!
It nuzzled against me and licked my ear,
I almost jumped out of my skin in fear.
It pounced on me with a little whine-
It’s shiny little ears so pristine!
Then it looked at me like it was trying to say,
“Can we be friends? If anyone harms you I’ll make ‘em pay!”
I hugged him and whispered,
“I think we may be friends- and now I won’t mind if you stay!”

No comments:

Post a Comment