Saturday, November 23, 2013

Academic Honesty Class (PYP Exhibition)


Yesterday I had Grade-5A section children come for ICT classes and I started taking class on Academic Honesty (PYP Exhibition). First they were grouped with the help of class teacher and they were asked to draw a Profile or Attitude card in MS paint. 

Students came up with their creativity and saved it in the mentioned location. Later I projected each group’s picture and asked them to choose the best picture. All the students chose the work of one group; they gave their reasons as to why they liked it and why they did not like others. Using PQP strategy, their feedback was taken.

A question was posed to them: “If your best drawing is taken and used without your notice as someone else’s work how would you feel?” They wrote down their feelings in their log book and also in the word cloud.

Some even came up with issues saying that in their group only two students were working and others were not contributing anything. This was the point where I explained to them about academic dishonesty (what all falls under that). I took the same scenario as example and asked the students what do you call this kind of action? Students came up with different answers and finally one of them told academic dishonesty. I asked them to give few more examples related to academic dishonesty. 

We had 5 minutes discussion on this topic and finally I showed PPT which explained “which one is called academic honesty and which one is called academic dishonesty”. The purpose of this particular class was to engrain the idea of academic dishonesty and how we must avoid it. At the end of the class I felt I did a good job with the students’ cooperation. The bull’s eye was hit!

Kavitha Rao


No comments:

Post a Comment