Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Student Reflection on PYP Exhibition: Issue – Animal Rights


What a Fresh Start for the PYP Exhibition!

My name is Tanishq Agarwal from section 5-H. Do you know that I love PYP exhibition because all my friends are with me and also I am getting to work on the issue of Animal Rights which is very close to my heart.

Today we had our first mentor meet and the first class itself was so interesting so I’m thinking that how the other exhibition periods will be.  So, today in the first mentor meet all of us gave our issues to Pratik Sir who is our mentor and then we were divided into groups. 1 person from each group was asked to make another group who had to make a tower using straw, tape, thread and clay. The activity was called the clay tower activity or the marsh mallow activity.

After few seconds the first group was sent out and we who were still in the class were told that we were to assess the people on their quality, their team effort, their pro-activeness, respecting attitude, listening skill, etc. Group that was outside came in and they were given 3 minutes to make the clay tower.

Then they started making the tower. I noticed everyone and made some careful observation. I saw that some were fully participating in making the clay tower while some were just standing and staring, while some were talking much but no work and some were not letting others work and were not listening, etc. There was less of team work.

Somehow the clay tower was made but it wasn’t that great. I thought that they could have planned well in unity and worked cooperatively. This was a new learning for me. Sir took our comments and explained the importance of team work and collaboration. So I think that each and every period of PYP exhibition should be like this. Hope our mentor will make it more interesting. I can’t wait for another exhibition period.

No comments:

Post a Comment