Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wow! It has Finally Begun – Mentor’s Role in PYP Exhibition


After grilling meetings and brainstorming session, we the teachers of grade 5 are ready to roll with the 5 different issues for the PYP exhibition. This is going to be the mega event of the year for grade 5. It looked like a gigantic mountain at first and I almost thought that I can’t tread the path uphill; however, the coordinators and experienced colleagues have broken down the entire journey and made it so very easier for me. 

I am now ready to guide and work with the 29 kids who are going to be with me until the D day. I am now confident enough to mentor each and every child and help them to tread a path of success and learning throughout their PYP exhibition journey.

Today I had the 29 children with me in the class. This was the first mentor and students meet and so to say, we have embarked now, on this journey which I’m sure will bear fruits of satisfaction and joy. I am in fact already celebrating the first step that we have taken together because to reach any goal the most important thing is the small steps that we take in life.

Marsh Mallow Activity

Children who showed their interest in the broad topic of Rights are working with me and they are as excited to see me as their mentor as I am to have them. Before I could start with any activity or any discussion I made them do a Marsh mallow activity wherein they learnt about cooperation, collaboration, team work, pro-activeness and respecting one another’s views and opinions. 


They all had their exhibition log books with them so this was the first thing they entered in there. Then, we discussed about the various things that come under the issue Rights and also organized the essential agreements for the class.

I must say that I have the brightest and most proactive bunch with me and I’m so excited to be their mentor. I will be there guiding and mentoring them at every little step but guiding is all that I am doing, the real work is to be done by them. This is a platform for them to learn the concepts of independence and responsibility and I am not taking that away from them. More such great days are ahead and it just keeps getting better.

By
Pratik Sir



No comments:

Post a Comment