Monday, September 22, 2014

CAS Report of 8H

Grade 8H went to  a CAS (Creativity and Service) trip to Joyland  school on the 17th of September 2014. The class teacher Ms. Sonia accompanied the class. We started at 9.05  A.M. from our school and we reached around 9.40A.M. We were given 3 classes 6th,7th and 8th. The children were distributed in 3 groups and they taught English grammar, Science, Art and Dance. They were very happy to learn dance and they also enjoyed art. At 10.45am.  The students were taken to the ground and each group played with them. They also taught them basketball and soccer. Abhinav  Gogineni donated a basketball when he came to know that the Joyland school doesn’t provide basketball to the children. They distributed  sweets to all the children of Grade 6,7 and 8 and some pens and stickers who played well in soccer and basketball. We started at 11.20 and we were back to school at 12.45.
Reflections by Grade 8H:

1.      It made me happy that we were helping them out. I thought how fortunate I am going to an International school. It was a fun experience that  opened my eyes and I would love to go back. - Deeksha-8
                
2.      We had a good time. We understood how we disturb our teachers every day. We taught them how to play basketball and I was touched when they told they don’t have basketball to play so I donated my basketball to the school. - Abhinav Gogineni -8H                                                     

3.      I learnt  how to share and how difficult it is to teach and surely this experience will make  me a better person. Thank you for letting us go through this experience. - Sarani Oddiraju – 8H


 

No comments:

Post a Comment