Monday, September 15, 2014

The Junior Spell Bee Contest – Season II

On September 14, 2014, Oakridge International School conducted a Spell Bee Contest. Students from many schools participated in this competition. I was one of the adventurous ones too.
We had to prepare from a list of 450 words. Round 1 of the Spell Bee was conducted in two phases: dictation and a combination of unscrambles, fill-in-the-blanks and ‘choose the correct option’. We were given 25 minutes for each phase.
Some of the words were a little difficult but I think I got them correct. Words like ‘paleolithic’, ‘picayune,’ ‘imbroglio’ and ‘coyote’ really made me think!
At the end of the contest, we were also handed instructions to a 3-phase word journey wherein you have to practise three words daily and write them on a chart.
I worked very hard to prepare for this contest. I really hope I get through to the next round!
-    Vidya III F








 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment