Thursday, September 18, 2014

Student Reflections on the IRP Orientation by the 10th graders

The first Independent Research Project (IRP) Orientation was organized by the IGCSE 10th graders on 17th Sep 2014 between 2 pm to 3.15 pm at the MPH, Oakridge International.  The leadership and presentation skills shown by the 10th graders were praise-worthy. They touched upon various aspects of the project and clarified all the doubts of the 9th graders. They shared the difficulties that might be encountered during the process of the research and stressed upon the dos and don’ts in an IRP.
Thank You, 10th graders for setting an exemplary for the juniors. We are proud to have such an enthusiastic batch of students in the CIE segment.
The teachers suggested on the topics that could be researched in different subjects.
Reflections shared by the 9th graders:
The presentation was very nicely organized. I was very confused about the IRP but now all my queries have been addressed.  -Shreya Nellutla, Grade IX, CIE
The IRP presentation taken place in the MPH was presented by the 10th graders. Their Presentation was elaborately done, and they explained the structure of the IRP, what should be done first and last to finish the IRP successfully. They also filled me in on what should not be done on the IRP. For instance, Plagiarism would disqualify the project.
Also, the teachers gave us a few topics for some of the subjects like Chemistry, History, English, Biology, Environmental Management, Business Studies, Economics and Psychology. The orientation proved very helpful. -Sri Reeha Nidamarty, Grade IX H, CIE
The IRP Orientation was conducted by the 10th graders. They have done their IRP in various subjects and each one of them shared their experiences and advice. The orientation really helped me a lot. -Rachna Kavuru, IX H, CIE
I found this presentation very interesting and informative. I am glad that I have figured out some of the questions I had about IRP and I know I will get a good grade with this knowledge! Thank You, seniors! -Pranavi, Grade IX G, CIE
I am so glad I attended! I learnt so much about IRPs today. The seniors and the teachers did a really good job. -Ankita, Grade IX, CIE
The presentation was excellent and all of my doubts have been clarified. They enlightened us with the IRP criteria, the IRP timeline and advised us to strictly adhere to the deadlines.-Yashwant, Grade IX, CIE
The Orientation was praise-worthy. It educated me on the structure and details of IRP. They explained the importance of citation. -Vivek, Grade IX, CIE





 

 

 

 

 

 
 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment