Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Journey with soccer

I actually love sports a lot! As it keeps me fit and is a very big part of my life. I find my life meaningless without sport.
My previous school was a very new one, and they didn’t have many facilities for physical activities. The school had one common ground, where various kinds of sports were played. Regardless, that’s where I discovered my love for Football. I used to love football a lot then and still do.
Once I came to Oakridge, I really enjoyed playing in our school’s field, and that helped My me improve much more as well. It felt much better to play there than anywhere else. So as we played and played, my skills improved, and I started becoming a better player, and I even enjoyed the game more. Football season on TV started getting much more interesting too, as a result of my increased connected to the game.
Level after level, this interest led me to be elected as Sports Captain in our Junior Student Council. It was a great experience. Although the journey so far was very enjoyable, I wanted to take it to the next level. I chose to do so by joining Extra Innings’ Soccer in our school.
Extra innings has improved me a lot from where I was before. It has helped me develop in many aspects of Football, and some of them could be stamina, agility, shooting, dribbling, passing and many more. It has also given me a chance to play with my school friends more. I could also make new friends. It is a lot of fun there. Another fact is that, the school provides a bus ride home so my parents don’t have to come and pick me up. The coach also gives advice while playing a match like how to think, what state of mind, we should have, how we should pass and more. Football can be played in any weather so during Extra Innings we get to play in rain in soccer, whereas in our normal Game's period we don’t get to play in the rain.
My strength in Football has never been greater, and my spirit never as driven. I look forward to the coming months, and aspire to become captain of the school team too, someday.
Pradyumna Jammi VIIIH



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment