Tuesday, September 10, 2013

CAS REFLECTIONS OF GRADE VII



On the 3rd of September we visited Vivekananda Vidhyalaya. It was a school with no resources, classrooms without boards, insufficient chairs and lack of teachers. I had taken an initiative to teach an English, to the students as it is my favourite subject, English was new to many students over there, thus making it hard for us to communicate. It was amazing to see that children from such backward classes study so hard with determination and dedication. Students there were so passionate and curious and had a thirst for knowledge. It was a learning experience for me as I learnt the sadder side of life and them as they gained more knowledge. I developed many skills and attitudes such as curiosity, independence and sharing. Many times we take things for granted, but watching them taught me the importance of respecting what we have. I really feel good that our school has a program to help them and I think we must step ahead by providing facilities and resources. We can also give free education to certain poor children in order to help them nurture and grow. Overall it was a very enriching experience and we have learnt a lot. I would love to visit once again and provide them with better learning and I would encourage you all to do minor things like this to make a difference in the world, because what you give is what you get - Akanksha Agarwal
Today on my visit to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya I realized that what I expected to be there was not true.I met so many talented students who were eager to show us what they have learnt, I asked them what they would like to learn and they started screaming out all that they have learnt before and I realized that they were not so ready to learn new stuff so we decided to have a competition boys vs. girls they became excited and every time we asked a question they screamed out answers, so to quiet them down we gave chocolates to the quiet ones. This trip showed me how poor education facilities could affect the behavior and the learning environment of these talented students. Next time I would be well prepared so I can help these students more - Suhas Peela
On 3rd September we had a visit to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya. I planned to teach them English. After going there I realized that how hard it is to be in their place. So we had to communicate with them in a different language as they don’t have a good command over English, but I tried my best to communicate with them, I was communicating in Telugu. I understood that teaching isn’t easy as I thought. It turned out to be successful as they were really happy with me and my friends. My friends really helped me to achieve my goal to teach kids. I developed being a communicator and a thinker.
Next time I would really love to plant trees as there were not enough trees over there. So I conclude saying that we should be open for everything, stepping out from the comfort zone and stretching our helping hand to whoever needs help - Varsha Devulapalli






2 comments:

  1. It was really a fruitful experience!
    I hope we go again, because we were realyy hyper active that time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a fruitful experience!
      I hope we go again, because we were really hyper active that time!!

      karneet

      Delete