Friday, September 27, 2013

Experience in the Hindi UTSAV at Glendale International!!



I participated in the Hindi Utsav at Glendale international and I wish to narrate the event and my reflections on it.
The Hindi Utsav was a very beautiful example of how people still believe in their cultural heritage and in the preservation of it too. This Utsav was very well planned with very apt competitions and presentations. I took part in the elocution competition. While researching and writing my speech I got to know about a lot of statistics and facts about our nation that may be known very less and was not shocked by the consequences. Despite the fact of winning I was very enlightened due to the judges as they were very knowledgeable and passionate about their national language which arose my conscience and the judges inspired me and I’m sure would inspire a lot of others. Being from well off families with great professions they went against the will of the society and studied Hindi with masters and doctorate degrees leading them to a career of writing and teaching which is a way of lending people their share of knowledge. I also thought about all the hardships they had to go through and I was thinking about how I would be flat out after just a day!
During this competition I also had the opportunity of watching the other competitions such as the NUKKAD competitions or the street play competitions which had very humorous and at the same time thought provoking acts which was very enjoyable. Interactions with many other participants of various schools was also very interesting as half the time someone walked up on stage, I would just start looking at their uniforms and guessing which school they were from as the school names were not told, so as to take my mind of the competition!
I encourage visiting such competitions as you learn a lot about various scenarios of the world and about uniforms!
- Sreya Sreedhar, IX G, CIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment