Monday, September 16, 2013

ICT FOR OAKRIDGE DRIVERS BY 10TH GRADERS




Familiarity breeds comfort and sometimes we just have to step back and gain an insight into things just outside our comfort zones.
Our CAS task was to teach the drivers of our school transport to send an e-mail. To begin with the session, all the drivers assembled and two guest speakers spoke to the drivers about completing their school grades and thus, educating themselves to a higher level.
Then we were each assigned one driver. First, we taught them some Basic English sentences that are needed to communicate, and then I created for my driver his own email id. I taught how to send a mail, how to receive a mail and how to delete one.
By the end of the two hours, I felt happy that I have accomplished my task. This CAS activity was not only beneficial to them but also to me. This activity helped me overcome a challenge put before me and overall, it was a wonderful experience.
                                                                         -Reflections by Isha Namburu, X G, CIE

No comments:

Post a Comment