Monday, September 16, 2013

CAS REFLECTIONS OF GRADE VII



Today, my class went to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya. Overall, it was an enriching experience. I had planned to simply teach the kids some English; but it didn’t quite go as planned. I had to spend half the time keeping them quiet! The outcomes for me were that I learned how hard it is to handle children, and as for the children, they learned a lot more English! My goals were reached, but I hope that in the future I can help the kids learn more. Narinder Sir helped me by telling me how to keep the children quiet. One thing I learnt was that their classrooms were small and overcrowded and there is still room for development in our country -  Ishaa (Grade VII)

Today, my class and I went to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya for the second time. When I went there, it was nothing like I planned. My friends and I taught 5th, 6th and the 7th graders. The class was very organized and they all listened to us when we taught. We taught those lots of things like DMAS, Punctuation, Lines and Drawing. I undertook the challenge of teaching different subjects in another mode of expression. They learned lots of new skills like how to pronounce different words and how to punctuate a sentence, other than their learning I learnt a lot. My friends and I had to work as a team to teach the students, which was also a challenge as each of us had various thoughts and less time to compile all of them together.  Next time I will be more committed to one class than switch from one class to another. I also learnt that even though those students don’t have proper resources they are quite smart and like to learn new things - Pooja (Grade VII)

Today, our class went to Vivekananda Vidhyalaya for a CAS field trip. When I reached there, I was excited to interact with the children studying over there. My friends and I chose a classroom containing students studying in grade 5, 6 and 7. Through this CAS trip I learnt that being a teacher is not easy and I understand how a teacher feels when she is trying to teach something important to a noisy class. My friends and I taught the children DMAS, Punctuation, Pronunciation of different words and drawing things using different types of lines. After a while the children started to get bored so we decided to cheer them up by playing a game of hangman. The students were very artistic and they seemed like they had big dreams in life. I could not complete all my goals such as giving them more ideas and activities. The students were pretty noisy and my friends and I could not handle the students. So we decided to take advice from Narinder Sir. The next time I have a CAS trip I will make sure to complete the incomplete goals - Eesha (Grade VII)

10 September, 2013 was a day of honor for all my classmates and I as we had a chance to share our knowledge on different topics like Art, Maths, English and Cricket etc.  I planned to teach the students of Vivekananda Vidhyalaya the whole process of making a perfect art work. From lines to angles, dimensions to shapes everything was a part of their learning. They definitely did enhance their skills with the basic needs for an art work. My team, on the other hand, did become teachers for a while. Well, I am happy that I achieved what I wanted- making them realize that art is not just drawing but expressing your feeling threw colors. Now that I am successful with my goal, next time I will try to teach them something more to draw. The local communities lack in providing facilities for children. But I think that donations, help of government can help overcome this issue. I realized that I developed my thinking and research skills and in future I can use these abilities for achieving higher and better goals. Thank you - Vidushi Manghnani (Grade VII)





No comments:

Post a Comment