Thursday, October 31, 2013

Interviewing Fellow Oakridger


Pratik Thapa
It can be boring sometimes when you have that routined life. Get up in the morning, go to school, and back to home, next day again the same grind. Interestingly for me I have always looked forward to my work every single day. I want to meet my colleagues and get into the Oakridge mood but the most important feeling is, knowing that I am going to meet my little grade 5 kids and have fun with them. My other friends find it shocking when I say I miss my school and hence to prove all of them, wrong that I am not the only person who feels this way about Oakridge had to get in touch with others in school. So, I took few interviews and here they are:
1st Interviewee Prabhjeet Kaur (Class teacher of VJ)
Me: Prabhjeet Ma’am, what is the best thing about this school?
PK: My students.
Me: why so?
PK: They inspire me every day; there is so much to learn from them. Quite a handful to handle but I enjoy any time with my kids.
Me: What is that thing you don’t like in here?
PK: I rather focus on the numerous great things I see in Oakridge.
Me: Are you ever bored with your life or your work?
PK: There’s no time, we are so busy so getting bored is out of question… (chuckles). Honestly, teaching is a passion and I am perfectly happy with myself and content with my work. I thank God for that.
Me: One advice you would like to give me as I am new here in this organization?
PK: Learn as much as possible and grab as many opportunities that come your way and you will love your work.


2nd Interviewee Prabin Rai (class teacher of 7C)
Prabin Rai

Me: Prabin Sir, what is the best thing about this school?
PR: I like my team, my core team who are my coordinators and colleagues. Off course every person in this school is an Oakridger and that we are all one team and I believe in that too. However, I feel relaxed and very comfortable with the team that I deal with every day. I would like to add another point here and that is Oakridge sees that your hard work is not gone unnoticed. You will be appreciated for the effort you put into your work.
Me: Why so?
PR: Like I said, my core team is comforting and accommodating and very understanding.
Me: What is that thing you don’t like in here?
PR: I feel sometime there is lot of time is consumed to process anything in here. The Redtapism is evident here and I know it happens because it’s a huge organization but I just wish if it was more convenient.
Me: Are you ever bored with your life or your work?
PR: NO. I love teaching and since it’s a passion of mine, it has been very fulfilling.
Me: One advice you would like to give me as I am new here in this organization?
PR: Just do your part and everything else will fall into its right place. You will not be ignored and you will definitely be appreciated for your contribution.
3rd Interviewee Sri Teja (student in class 5H)
Sriteja VH
Me:  what do you like about your school?
ST: My class teacher Pratik sir, my friends and the learning I get here.
Me: what is that thing you don’t like in here?
ST: I don’t know. I didn’t like school much before until grade 4 but now I like everything. I also became a prefect so it’s all good.
Me: Are you bored in school?
ST: Never Sir. I have many good friends and I like all my teachers. However, I don’t like waking up early on Monday morning. (Laughs off).
Interviewer Pratik Thapa



No comments:

Post a Comment