Thursday, October 31, 2013

Oakridge Is Indeed a Second Home



“Oakridge is indeed a second home” – I saw many people saying this to me in school and I am not talking about just the teachers but to my surprise, there were many students who shared this similar feeling. Off course I was new to school and therefore it wasn’t the right time for me to say anything on it. Rather I didn’t feel that way, instead I always thought of completing my work in school and run back home. The people, place, environment and the education system that Oakridge follows was all new to me. If that was not enough I would find myself always staring at the laptop screen and fingers on the keys even at home wanting to finish the left over work that I couldn’t complete and brought back home. Well, all I am trying to say is that I did not like that feeling and frankly in my mind, I kind of ridiculed people who said “Oakridge is indeed a second home”
Now, its 4 months past here in Oakridge and the cynical person that I was I started to have a different feeling and different outlook towards my work and the people around me. I really started to enjoy my work and slowly things started to fall in place. Off course I worked hard to immerse myself in the wonderful colours that Oakridge embodies but it will not be fair if I don’t thank my colleagues and coordinators including PE teachers and activity teachers as they were always welcoming and helpful at every little bump that I would stumble upon. Most of all, our Headmistress who were there to tell us, tell me every time that “everything is fine and I am there always”. Trust me this was not a dialogue but it actually happened, she indeed was there for me when I needed.
When such respect, support and smile one receives, it is only natural for someone to say that Oakridge is their second home. And guess what, I am no exception. I truly believe this organisation indeed being my second home.
Pratik Siddharth Thapa
HRT 5H

No comments:

Post a Comment