Monday, December 9, 2013

Vote for my Future — Principal, Vice Principal, and Head Mistress of OIS Newton Campus take a Pledge to Vote...


https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif

Saturday, 7 December, 2013: A total of 125 pledges were signed by those who already had a voter ID card and a total of 39 people who did not have voter IDs pledged to get them made and vote in the coming elections.

Monday, 9 December, 2013: Our Principal Capt. Rohit Sen Bajaj, Vice Principal Ms Hema Chennupaty, and Head Mistress Ms Hema Sanjay took a PLEDGE to vote. Students also took a PLEDGE to vote from many staff members and parents today. 

Reflections of Students:

Kuhuk Shroff: This campaign is a powerful initiative that encourages the residents of Hyderabad to vote in the upcoming central government elections. Today, we the students of 11th grade achieved this. Equipped with stickers and pledges, we were all determined to make a difference. We formed triads, delegated work within ourselves and worked effectively to convince people to vote.

We waited enthusiastically for parents to arrive and set to work immediately.  We asked them to sign a pledge to get a voter ID or to vote in the elections if they already had one. We also placed bright yellow stickers on their cars, so that they can proudly proclaim that they have promised to vote for the future of our country!  We spoke to not only parents, but also their drivers and we were awe-struck by the fact that most of them had a voter ID. This campaign has truly inspired a lot of us, and has left us with the lasting feeling of pride that we have made an impact.

Eshika Agarwal: I am a student of 11 (IB) A. I just want to say thank you for initiating the 'vote for my future' campaign. When I told some of the sub-staff employees that I would create a voter ID for them, and that I would create an identity for them, the joy that I could see on their faces is really unforgettable.

Some of them didn't even know what their date of birth was and I actually felt happy that I was doing something to help them. All Oakridgers actually have to help 5 people create their voter IDs, but after seeing the number of people I could help, I just couldn't resist filling in more forms. This is all thanks to you Sir, and I am glad that I am a part of this initiative.












No comments:

Post a Comment