Thursday, December 5, 2013

Student’s Reflection — Guest Lecture on Animal Rights


For our PYP exhibition topic, “Animal Rights,” we had a guest lecture. She is a student in America and she was doing her research on Animal Rights in HCU. The lecture was given by a college student named Jennie who studied Animal Rights. She showed us a PPT and talked about habitat destruction. Some examples she gave were palm oil trees and poaching.

I learnt about the things that humans are doing to destroy animal habitats and giving them a less comfortable life. Cows eating plastic was the most horrific thing that was discussed. I am going to stop throwing trash on the road and if it’s safe I will pick up plastic trash, so that cows don’t have access to plastics but only food.

Jennie was a committed vegan and animal activist and therefore I have learnt the PYP attitude of “Commitment”. There were many things that I didn’t know but after the guest lecture there were many things that I became aware of. Overall it was a great learning for all of us.


Anushka – V E

No comments:

Post a Comment