Saturday, August 24, 2013

CAS in CIE Segment



We the students of grade 9 CIE visited a government primary school for a CAS project. This CAS project was conducted to promote the concept of unity and harmony among all members of the society. We celebrated Rakhi to spread the feeling of brotherhood transcending race, gender, caste and religion as said all Indians are my brothers and sisters.
 Personally this experience wasn’t like a project but a sense of responsibility which should be present in everyone’s character and I’m sure this experience sensitized many people like me. It’s important to get out of our comfort zone to realize the world around us and reach out for help. We are blessed and privileged enough by God so why wasn't a blessing to others? Even thogh we have many things in life we crib about some things but the children I met were so happy in life. I don’t feel pitiful or sad about the kids in fact, proud with their attitude of living life to the fullest and not regretting about life’s needs and wants. This is something which we really need to inculcate in ourselves.
I would love to share a few of my experiences and what I learnt. This activity allowed me to discover myself for example I can actually be a good teacher. One of my friends found a stick which would have probably been used to beat children which made me to ponder and put myself into their shoes and imagine ourselves if we got beaten up with that stick. This made me inculcate empathy for people. I understood how difficult it is for teachers to control students so I decided not to misbehave in class. I also felt proud of my identity as I could communicate with one of the sweetest language Telugu which is fortunately my mother tongue. All the kids would crowd around us and pull our skirts and ask us many questions therefore improving our social skills. I also lifted up a girl who’s in 2nd grade but still I can’t carry kids around. The kids would also ask us for our autographs which seemed kind of baffling but cute at the same time. Altogether this experience comprised of all the elements as it says creativity, action and service. It was enlightening and sensitizing and I hope the future students are lucky to go and interact with those kids.
To sum this up I would like to say Life is more precious than money. You can earn money at any time of your life but life is not a daily soap serial once gone never comes back, so live life to the fullest. Moreover a life with a lot of money but without satisfaction is useless so make sure you leave a positive smile on someone’s face before it’s too late - AAKANKSHA REDDY (grade IX)

No comments:

Post a Comment