Saturday, August 24, 2013

USAGE OF IPAD IN CLASS: A COMPILATION



I have been using IPAD actively for past few weeks now. I teach Science and Environmental Management and IPAD has been a great teaching tool.  It has been a great learning experience for me and my students. I have tried using IPAD in various ways. We did a Rat dissection in class on IPAD. Dissection of animals in schools now being banned in India; it was the closest one can get to, to study the anatomy of the organism body. It was fun and of course more cleaner with no drop of blood. I also made a collage of pictures taken during the classes and other events and sent it along with the Weekly transaction. The parents were most appreciative and it got a good feedback. I try conducting different activities in class while teaching. The other day I conducted a Group Discussion in my Environmental management class on ‘Fossil fuels: Can we do without them?’ I used IPAD for timing the Group discussion. It gave a professional look to the discussion.
Using the IPAD in class for teaching has been a great creative experience for me and my students too. I am sure it certainly helped in their understanding of concepts. There are so many useful Apps which can be used to teach not only Science and Environmental management but other subjects including Languages too. I plan to use IPAD more and more in my classroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment