Saturday, August 24, 2013

Visit to Manikonda School for CAS -Rakhi making



We the students of IX G, H and J  visited Manikonda Government School. It was a very new experience for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I loved spending time with the kids. They were very sweet and they welcomed us. They appreciated the rakhi that we made for them and kept asking for more. I would like to do more things like this because it gives you an insight as to how we are very lucky and privileged whereas many people are not - Sanjana Chinari

We went to Manikonda School for our Creative Action Service (CAS) and this is my reflection. We interacted with the children and taught them English. The children were very responsive; they had learnt a few things but not all of them could express it well enough. We started to interact with them and slowly one by one they started to respond and show us what they had learned. We corrected their mistakes and helped them. We also made and tied Rakhis together. The main initiative in making and tying Rakhis together was to show them everybody is equal. I along with my friends had an  awesome time at the school. I was grateful that God has blessed me and now that I am blessed I need to be a blessing to others - Dua Singh





No comments:

Post a Comment